Print and radio
- We've had a good run of radio interviews: hear the 3RR Eat It interview, one on Joy FM, and our interview with The Main Ingredient, recorded in April and May 2013, by clicking on the links.
- Here's a piece from Hospitality Magazine: "Cookbook sales allow STREAT to open new cafe."
- The Melbourne Review covered the launch of the STREAT cafe in Melbourne Central that was possible thanks to crowd-funding. The Lord Mayor Robert Doyle helped launch us, along with 200-odd people. The food looks delectable and the people-- smart and turned out for a good cause!
- Goodfood gave us our cookbook the thumbs up for Mother's Day, recommending the STREAT cookbook in this article, and excerpting some delicious recipes. Why not give them a go, then grab the book to keep on cooking?
- The Melbourne Times Weekly did a great feature on the STREAT Flemington cafe. We especially love the personal stories that the trainees share with the reporter.
- We had a terrific feature in The Age in an article called Cafes With A Cause.
- Broadsheet Melbourne wrote about the It's Pozible funding drive for a new Melbourne Central cafe fitout, just days before we hit our goal.
- We love this review of the STREAT Flemington cafe from Beanhunter. They love our coffee, and "side note" also adore our food!
- After STREAT was featured in Poh's Kitchen the Centre for Social Impact ran this article about our work.
- If you want to know the full story of STREAT's evolution, have a read of this Smart Company interview with Bec. It's thorough and covers everything from conception to funding to how Australia compares with the rest of the world in social enterprise funding.
- The folks at Mindfood chatted to our CEO, Rebecca Scott. Download the podcast to have a listen!
- The Moonee Valley Weekly welcomes us to the neighborhood in Flemington.
- Chef Rob Auger did an interview with the ABC show "the Main Ingredient" with Kelli Brett. Have a listen of the audio below!
- STREAT have joined the mile high club by landing a snazzy feature in the September issue of Virgin Australia's glossy inflight magazine Voyeur. Planting the seed for a new philanthropy has an indepth look at Australia's booming social enterprise scene and how its rapdily changing the charity landscape. June 2012.
- The Canberra Times ran a great article on the Vietnam streetfood scene and STREAT got a mention! The article has some mouth watering recipes that can be easily recreated in your very own kitchen. Find us on page 9.
- A team of RMIT Radio Production students Kat, Steph and Peter featured STREAT in their radio documentary 'You Are What You Eat' that takes a look at Melbourne's foodservice social enterprise secene, and how they are doing their bit to change the world. Love your work guys! Listen to the piece on ROAR. And stay tuned to 3RRR as it gets a run with them this month.
- Rebecca Scott and Kylie Gordon chat with Donna Morabito and Kulja Coulston on 3RRR The Grapevine about STREAT and our up and coming event Home STREAT Home for the State of Design Festival 2011. Have a listen to what went down.
- STREAT's Co Founder Kate Barrelle was interviewed by News Hit. Although the interview is largely about Kate's Clinical Psychology career and her PhD, she managed to weave STREAT into the story. We love your work Kate!
- STREAT was featured in the very first publication penned on Australian Social Enterprise. It's interesting reading this article on STREAT's earlier concept and realising just how fast we have sprinted to where we are now!
- STREAT's CEO Rebecca Scott was interviewed by the folks at Dumbofeather Magazine for an article on social enterprise foodservice.
- The lovely Berlin from Farrago Magazine recently featured STREAT in an article on social eateries.
- STREAT was one of the outlets featured in the 2011 Hide and Seek Melbourne books. Here's a writeup from a blogger on their tour.
- The folks at the Melbourne Times Weekly featured STREAT as part of an article about hospitality social enterprises.
- 673 Bourke St is an amazing, innovative collaboration space. Donkey Wheel House brings together Kinfolk, Hub Melbourne, and STREAT with more to come. We feel lucky. Have a read of The Age profiling Hub activity, and giving a shout out to the House's activities.
- The Big Issue kindly donated us adspace on the back page of their magazine, for the 26th October 2010 issue. Thanks Australia Post for sponsoring us!
- City Weekly came along to our first graduation party and had a blast!
- mX featured Imogen from our first class of graduates in their Fresh Face profile of chefs.
- STREAT was part of a great profile on hospitality-focused social enterprises in Epicure on the 28th September 2010.
- SBS profiled Jen, a trainee from Class 1, as part of their episode on the challenges of homeless youth.
- The Melbourne Leader ran an article on STREAT, saying we're "selling a big serving of hope."
- The Age's Melbourne Life wrote about how hospitality careers are kick-started through our program.
- STREAT was credited with "serving up a future" in a writeup in The Epicure Bite section.
- The Centre for Social Impact put together a Social Business segment for Sky News. They featured Rebecca and STREAT in their first edition which aired on Tuesday the 11th May.
- Bec was also interviewed by Alan Brough of ABC Melbourne. Here’s their blog post about STREAT.
- Rebecca was featured in The Australian in our early days. Have a read of the article to learn all about how she ended up founding STREAT.
- In 2012 STREAT had a food cart at the Fine Food Expo for the first time. Take a look at our general manager Jen's interview over there.
- Enjoy this 2013 talk from our CEO at the Centre for Social Impact on SROI and the truth about measuring social impact: good, bad, and ugly.
- Season Three of Poh's Kitchen was called "Poh Lends a Hand." She featured two of our trainees in an episode which you can watch here.
- The story of STREAT was featured on Plug in TV . Kudos to the crew for telling our social enterprise story! Catch the episode below.
- Hands in the air for Fringe Lane TV! They proudly waved the STREAT flag in their latest episode. Watch the episode and catch Rebecca Scott chatting about STREAT & Rob Auger talking all things food including the most adventurous meal he's eaten!
- Novede's latest Venture Interview was with our CEO Rebecca Scott. The episode explores the humble beginnings of STREAT, and how this social enterprise beast was built. There's also some great stuff on our social impact.
- We are rather chuffed with STREAT CEO Rebecca Scott's talk at the 2012 TEDxCanberra. Have a listen to her below, or read the transcript of her speech on our blog post about it.
- In the 2009 Social Enterprise World Forum Bec participated in the debate, "There's no business like social business" about the role of social enterprise in the social economy. Have a watch below.
- The Flemington cafe was featured as the second day of breakfast by a blogger, Karli, doing the "12 Days of Breakfast" in the run up to Christmas. What a terrific idea!
- Our Flemington cafe was told we "pump out incredible edibles" by Small Werld. Thanks!
- Broadsheet Melbourne thinks it's time for you to get acquainted with our site in Flemingon. Yum.
- Our Melbourne Uni cart was reviewed in Weekend Notes. While we're not yet cooking with blow torches, the verdict is that our food & coffee tastes pretty darn good!
- NoGo Magazine featured STREAT in their blog STR[EAT] More Often & gave us some great kudos for tackling one of societies largest problems in creative ways. Aww thanks Ben!
- The Everyday awesome Bhakti Talreja let's the world know that STREAT delivers delicious, cost effective meals celebrating the unique tastes and styles of street cultures in her Twestival blog.
- Food, travel and entertainment blogger extraordinaire Ms I-Hua says that STREAT is a very deserving charity in her Twestival write up.
- The talented folks from 1000 Lux were at the twestival and captured the memories on film. Check out their same day edit!
- Jeroxie addictive and consuming celebrated the success of the Twesitval & thanked her tweeps for supporting STREAT.
- Joyce at Mel:Hot or Not says the first STREAT graduation party is HOT. Yes!
- Mel: Hot or Not thinks that Twestival Melbourne and STREAT are HOT.
- STREAT were selected as the charity for that will be supported by the Twestival Melbourne!
- We saved a foodie blogger from hunger post-Dodgeball session with our Fed Square tacos. Thanks I'm so hungreee!
- Have a look at Michi Ohira's blog post about food, ritual, and family, and how STREAT engages in this process.
- We love us the blogger food scene in Melbourne. Anthony at Eco Food Dude reviewed our carts in April. The Kashmiri chickpea curry was a big hit with him-- the tantalising hint of lemon was much noted!
- Stump'd made the very valid point that there aren't enough street-based fooderies in Melbourne. She thinks our food is "ideal cart fare: quick to prepare and easy to eat on the run."
- Wots For Tea praises our food and advises people to visit us and boost their Kulinary Karma. We like this talk.
- Jeroxie's addictive and mouth-watering blog waxes lyrical about the ways you can help the homeless cause: eat, eat, eat with STREAT.
- Billy at Half Eaten digs the food, and understands our mission succinctly: You get to feed your belly as well as someone else's who needs it. Indeed!
- Weekend Notes reviewed our STREAT food cart as something to partake of on Saturday.
- Mel: Hot or Not thinks that STREAT's food cart at Federation Square and the taco menu is HOT.
- That's Melbourne wrote on their blog that you are what you eat, so you should eat with STREAT!
- Street culture
- Social Enterprise
Buy a STREAT T-shirt