STREAT is proud to be an ecclectic bunch of about 50 people from all walks of life. Naturally we have loads and loads of chefs, baristas and cafe staff, but we also have a really diverse support team that help both our young people and our broader business thrive. We hail from all across the planet - Africa, Nepal, Canada, Japan, Argentina, Scotland, France and Denmark. And of course we’ve always got LOADS of Kiwis from across the ditch (New Zealand creates particularly good baristas!).
Over the years we've commissioned a number of external research projects about the impact STREAT creates. Again and again this research has confirmed that our young people - and also our customers - keep coming back to STREAT because the team is so friendly and creates a place where people feel they belong. We're proud of this. And of course we also have our share of highly tattoed, fixie-riding hipsters (we work in hospitality), ours always smile!
We'd love you to pop into any of our cafes to meet some of our café team.
STREAT has a highly-skilled management team with expertise in running social enterprises, non-profit management, hospitality and business operations.
- Rebecca (Bec) Scott – STREAT's co-founder & CEO (6 years), 2 years as Vice President at social enterprise KOTO, 10 years in management at CSIRO, BSc, Grad Dip Sci Comm, Masters of Int & Community Dev.
- Cassandra Godden, General Manager of Operations – Responsibility for the overall management of STREAT’s business operations and expansion and joined STREAT in 2016.
- Jarryd Williams, General Manager of Youth Programs – Responsibility for all youth programs and vocational training provision. Jarryd is a multiple award-winning youth worker with over 20 years experience in the industry and more than 10 years managing teams of youth workers, social workers and psychologists.
- Emma Johnson, General Manager of Finance – Manages all aspects of STREAT's financial systems. Emma has been at STREAT for over 3 years. She has 15 years professional experience in accounting and financial management in both corporate and manufacturing environments with CPA and ACMA qualifications.
- Ian Johnson, Marketing Manager – Responsible for marketing and communications, including brand development, web, promotions, social media, media, events, corporate partnerships and fundraising. Ian's been at STREAT for five years, and previously has over 20 years experience in marketing and communications, including with CSIRO and The Salvation Army.