STREAT is proud to be an ecclectic bunch of about 60 people from all walks of life. Naturally we have loads of chefs, baristas, bakers, roasters and cafe staff, but we also have a really diverse support team that help both our young people and our broader business thrive. We hail from all across the planet - Africa, Nepal, Canada, Japan, Argentina, Scotland, France and Denmark. And of course we’ve always got LOADS of Kiwis from across the ditch (New Zealand creates particularly good baristas!).
Over the years we've commissioned a number of external research projects about the impact STREAT creates. Again and again this research has confirmed that our young people - and also our customers - keep coming back to STREAT because the team is so friendly and creates a place where people feel they belong. We're proud of this. And of course we also have our share of highly tattoed, fixie-riding hipsters (we work in hospitality), ours always smile!
We'd love you to pop into any of our cafes to meet some of our team.
STREAT has a highly-skilled management team with expertise in running social enterprises, non-profit management, hospitality and business operations.
- Rebecca (Bec) Scott, Chief Executive Officer – STREAT's co-founder & CEO (8 years), 2 years as Vice President at social enterprise KOTO, 10 years in management at CSIRO, BSc, Grad Dip Sci Comm, Masters of Int & Community Development. A more extensive bio on Bec can be found on our Board page.
- Dr. Kate Barrelle, Chief Impact Officer – Co-founder of STREAT, Forensic & Clinical Psychologist. Kate’s career has centred around people and their well-being, dealing with many complex issues and providing confidential counselling to a wide range of individuals and groups. Kate worked extensively in the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT), including the last few years in their CT Branch. In 2004 Kate undertook a Vincent Fairfax Fellowship and in 2008 was selected as one of Australia’s leading 1000 thinkers and attended the Prime Minister’s 2020 Summit. Kate joined STREAT's management team in March 2017. A more extensive bio on Kate can be found on our Board page.
- Cassandra Godden, Chief Operating Officer – Responsibility for the overall management of STREAT’s business operations and expansion, joined in July 2016. Cass has over 15 years experience in production and management in hospitality businesses including 5 years with Phillippa's Bakery.
- Greg Edelmaier, General Manager of Finance – Manages all aspects of STREAT's financial systems, joined in March 2017. Greg has 20 years professional experience in accounting and financial management across service and product delivery sectors with CPA qualifications.
- Elise Bennetts, Deputy CEO & Chief Relationships Officer – Responsible for marketing and communications, including brand development, web, promotions, social media, media, events, corporate partnerships and fundraising. Elise has over 15 years experience in not-for-profit, corporate and management positions, including Deputy CEO, Jamie's Ministry of Food Australia.